Add-on Suggestion

This section is for gathering around and having random discussions. You can discuss anything here as long as it does not violate our rules or be seen as spam. If you spam our forums you may be suspended/banned without warning.
STRawnuts
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:34 am

I was wondering about maybe getting some more ground vehicles to choose from. with the Ai being as aggressive and equipped as they are I think some ammo/fuel/repair trucks might be nice? also would give me more reason to diversify my garage.... also advanced towing and urban repelling would be cool... not sure if yall vote on these things or how it works. Thnx hope its considered lol
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:58 am

The ammo and fuel trucks would circumvent the base add on for the rearming box, I however am not opposed to looking at what vehicles are not in the game and adding more ground. I will look into this.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 am

I've had this run through my head before. The fact that the AI has fully capable tanks and you have no options to defend against them is a problem.
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:18 am

Other suggestions:

1- Have the scoreboard ranked by Rep instead of number of kills.. Just seems to make more sense in my opinion. Still have scoreboard show k/d but also include rep, and ranked based off highest rep.

2- Adding more of the DLC vehicles. I know Johns mentioned that he wanted to do this but just hasn't gotten around to it yet.

3- More difficult missions for Mil server. I like the toughness of the NATO mission, but it's only one mission and only spawns once per server reset. Maybe add in one or two more mission that are difficult (not as hard as NATO), ie the Slums?

4- Add an area that will encourage PvP encounters, such as "LOOT AND DEATH" area that spawns high quality loot. I feel like there is an aspect of the Mil server that just isn't enticing people to stick around and play for any period of time. Maybe this could help.
STRawnuts
E-0 Private
E-0 Private
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 pm

I don't know if it circumvents it all together though because we cant at gas stations.... lets say I make my base a little out of the way so normally I ferry an Apc or something that I'm gonna use then I make a second trip for the ammo truck and play with those for probably most the restart.... making lots of trips carrying with the helis is prone to losing vehicle either by Ai or Battle eye kicking you and everything crashing to the ground lol id rather make 2 hairy trips than 10 trying to rearm all the time...….. but yes any bit added would be awesome I like it as is enough , besides we always take back out if it doesn't work no? on a side not was wondering about the view distance?
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:29 am

STRawnuts wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 pm
I don't know if it circumvents it all together though because we cant at gas stations.... lets say I make my base a little out of the way so normally I ferry an Apc or something that I'm gonna use then I make a second trip for the ammo truck and play with those for probably most the restart.... making lots of trips carrying with the helis is prone to losing vehicle either by Ai or Battle eye kicking you and everything crashing to the ground lol id rather make 2 hairy trips than 10 trying to rearm all the time...….. but yes any bit added would be awesome I like it as is enough , besides we always take back out if it doesn't work no? on a side not was wondering about the view distance?
View distance is set at 1500m in PVE server and your able to adjust your view distance in the PVP server via the XM8. The static view distance in the pVE server is due to the way the AI activate at missions. With so many AI in the server they are "frozen" inactive till a player gets within 1600m in an effort to improve overall server performance. When in the frozen state the AI cannot be killed or sometimes even seen so extending the view distance wouldn't be an advantage in that respect.
"an imperfect plan implemented immediately and violently will always succeed better than a perfect plan"
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:34 am

Other suggestions:

Code: Select all

1- Have the scoreboard ranked by Rep instead of number of kills.. Just seems to make more sense in my opinion. Still have scoreboard show k/d but also include rep, and ranked based off highest rep.
I'm not sure what this would entail, would need to look at the server files a bit more.

2- Adding more of the DLC vehicles. I know Johns mentioned that he wanted to do this but just hasn't gotten around to it yet.
I'm not opposed to adding more vehicle, we just need to test them to balance them in the server.

3- More difficult missions for Mil server. I like the toughness of the NATO mission, but it's only one mission and only spawns once per server reset. Maybe add in one or two more mission that are difficult (not as hard as NATO), ie the Slums?
The more difficult missions are in the PVE server intentionally, the idea is the PVP server is setup for difficult play player vs player and not so much the AI/missions. The missions are designed to be easier so you can re-coop fast.

4- Add an area that will encourage PvP encounters, such as "LOOT AND DEATH" area that spawns high quality loot. I feel like there is an aspect of the Mil server that just isn't enticing people to stick around and play for any period of time. Maybe this could help.
I might be able to add some random spawning capture points that will yield good loot which should attract the attention of everyone in the server. Will take a look at this too.
Hellfire
E-8 First Sergeant
E-8 First Sergeant
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 pm

manOwar wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:34 am

I might be able to add some random spawning capture points that will yield good loot which should attract the attention of everyone in the server. Will take a look at this too.
Yes, this. I was going to mention adding capture points/objectives in an edit but never got around to it.

Also something I've always wondered - We have to pay to rearm with ammunitions, but we do not have to pay for fuel...

Another thing about the Mil server is that some of the vehicles specs are different than what they are originally, ie- the FV-720 Mora has 900 armor. Also the fuel capacity on some of the vehicles is lowered. Not sure if there was a reason for these adjustments.
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Also something I've always wondered - We have to pay to rearm with ammunitions, but we do not have to pay for fuel...
Fuel is paid for when you buy the pump from your laptop, if your willing to drive to the gas stations then yes it is free. (as long as you make it)

Another thing about the Mil server is that some of the vehicles specs are different than what they are originally, ie- the FV-720 Mora has 900 armor. Also the fuel capacity on some of the vehicles is lowered. Not sure if there was a reason for these adjustments.
We are unable (well should not say "unable" but it would be very difficult to change the vehicles armor/fuel etc without providing custom mods for you to download as well. I don't believe that is something we can modify simply server side. We are using the standard CUP Vehicles, perhaps the RHS variant is what you are referring too?
To my knowledge our vehicles are all stock Arma and CUP, there has been no tampering outside of getting the Advanced Vehicle System setup to calibrate rearm prices based on ammo type and amount needed. We could probably do the same with fuel but anytime we do something custom Exile or Arma updates creating a "custom" nightmare for us ;)
manOwar
O-10 General
O-10 General
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:28 pm

why is the CODE not wrapping text I wonder? ODD I'll make a mental note to take a look at it :/